The policy of the Denver Public School with respect to equal opportunity contracting was established by board of education resolution 2621. That policy commits the school district to the creation and preservation of equal opportunities for all people to participate in the delivery of goods and services through the contracting processes of the Denver Public Schools without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age or disability. It is the express expectation of the board of education that those who contract with the school district shall in turn make available equal opportunities to the extent third parties are engaged to provide goods and services to the school district as subcontractors, vendors, or otherwise. Pursuant to resolution 2621, the contracting policies and practice of the school district are to conform to the following parameters:
- No person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise discriminated against in connection with the award and performance of any contract on the ground of gender, race ethnicity, religion are or disability.
- Neither the gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age nor disability of any contractor or subcontractor shall be a factor in the evaluation of any proposal or award of any contract.
- Any party contracting with the school district for the provision of goods or services shall be required to agree as a condition of the contract not to discriminate on any of the foregoing grounds in the performance of the contract.
- Information regarding contracting opportunities with the school district shall be disseminated in a manner calculated to reach all persons qualified to provide pertinent goods and services.
- The criteria used in evaluating contract proposals shall be based on the school districts interest in securing cost effective, quality goods and services and shall not exclude or disadvantage parties for reasons that are not closely related to those interests.
- In determining contract requirements care shall be taken to encourage submission of quotes or proposals from, as wide a base of potential vendors as is reasonably possible.
- School district contracts for the provision of goods or services shall require that the contracting parties disseminate information regarding any third party contracting opportunities in a manner reasonably calculated to reach al persons qualified and willing to participate.
- School district contracts for the provision of goods or services shall require that the contracting party retain and make available to the school district records regarding dissemination of information regarding third party contracting opportunities, including responses received by the contracting party.